This is a small utility to convert raw files to jpeg. I have been searching for some tool which can quickly transform raw file to jpeg quickly. As a photographer i needed something like this for sending picture or sharing immediately.
Technology : C++ ,qt,magick++
- drag and drop support.
- Options to specify specify jpeg compression, output name and jpeg compression ratio.
- One click conversion to high quality jpeg.
- Plenty . I just spent half day on this and most of it is spent on learning and compiling imagemagick . Presently it is in pre alpha stage , you are welcome to modify it. Most things are in place , just a bit debugging is required.
Download Link : https://github.com/rwik/imraw
Here are simple steps (only commands) to install ,setup a repo and commit to github . I assume that you are having root access(These instructions are from linux only. ) and a github account .
- Go to the folder containing code , which you want to commit.
- sudo apt-get install git # install git
- Next step is to setup github with your detailsmonai@monai:~/imraw$ git config –global user.name “Your name”
$ git config –global user.email ” your mail “
$ git config –global credential.helper cache # to remember password
- Next step is to add files to repo
git add *
- Now we are ready to commmit changes
git commit *
- In case you get any fatal error regarding creation of index.lock , userm -f ./.git/index.lock
- Now we are ready to push our changes to github.com
$ git remote add origin https://github.com/yourname/projectname.git
$ git push origin master
- That’s it. Remember you can always use force , in case you encounter some error and you know the system is wrong
Serial Photography: Using Themed Images to Improve Your Photographic Skills by Harald Mante
My rating: 1 of 5 stars
Absolutely no inspiration at all . It is more like viewing someone’s personal photo book. I expected some discussions on choosing themes and artistry tips. But I found some sets of pictures , most of them looks highly amateurish. Won’t recommend this to anyone .
View all my reviews
Jeff Smith’s Guide to Head and Shoulders Portraits by Jeff Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Good reference for posing and lighting techniques used in closeup portraits. I liked the way positions are explained with images. But expected a little more on the technical side. Overall an idea provoking read.
View all my reviews
A preview of my ongoing project.
A collection of snaps taken in 2013 . You may download it from here .
Showing news for 28 dec tonight. I just love this channel. Every now and then showing ghost stories, reincarnation or God’s karizma : )
Spotted this today “karnataka steta parment” (karnataka state permit ) . RIP English : )
Never waited so eagerly for kitkat before. Finally got it an hour back. Apart from some icon changes , haven’t noticed anything visually striking yet. One thing i can confirm that this one is fast. Can’t resist myself any farther , lets explore . Will write more later